Monday, September 27, 2004

Words Fitly Spoken

Proverbs says that words fitly spoken are like apples of gold in pitchers of silver. I'm not sure how practical gold apples are in silver pitchers, but I believe that Solomon is saying that there is great value in words spoken at the right time with the right motive and proper demeanor. The following are phrases that I have come across in the recent past that in one way or another either brought life to me or at least sharpened my understanding of something.

1. Who I am reflects where I come from
2. Whenever a man is ready to uncover his sins, God is always ready to cover them...Proverbs 28:13
3. If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning
4. Our level of love must equal our level of discernment (grace and truth).
5. Expert....x = has been; spurt = a drip under pressure.
6. Look to the Word of God to determine my behavior, not justify it.
7. Testimonies come after passing tests.
8. First have the promise, then hope. Then faith will come.
  • Faith works by love.
  • Faith is the substance of things hoped for.
  • We must have love and hope for faith to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home