Thursday, September 16, 2004

Faithful Sayings

Knowing and meditating on what God emphasizes in His Word has given me focus and direction many times. Recently, I came across this phrase "faithful saying" used by Paul to his son in the Lord, Timothy.

1 Timothy 1:15 (KJV) says,

" This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am
chief."

1 Timothy 1:15 (The Message) says it this way,

"Here's a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I'm proof--Public Sinner Number One--"

I can take this to heart! I can bank on it! I can be sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ is in the business of saving sinners like me!! I have been saved but He is still saving me, and I shall be saved! This is His business and He will complete to the day of Jesus Christ. Amen!! I have been delivered, I am being delivered and I shall be delivered. I only need to yield to His work in my life!!


Another faithful saying, 1 Timothy 4:8-10 says,
"For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach,
because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe."
I like the way The Message says it,
"Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. You can count on this. Take it to heart. This is why we've thrown ourselves into this venture so totally. We're banking on the living God, Savior of all men and women, especially believers."
Lord I need to bank more on you and take to heart the fact that as I discipline myself in your life and anointing, I can be assured that You are doing your perfecting in my life, even though I don't see it.

Another faithful saying is found in 2 Timothy 2:11-13

"It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

So, Lord I can bank on it, consider it totally true, that I must die in order to live. There is no getting around it. If I want to reign with you Lord, then I should not be surprized that suffering of some kind will come. There is no getting around it......because it is a faithful saying!!!

Well, wouldn't you know....another faithful saying that I can bet my life on!! Titus 3:8 says,

" This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou
affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men."

How does The Message translate it?

"You can count on this.I want you to put your foot down. Take a firm stand on these matters so that those who have put their trust in God will concentrate on the essentials that are good for everyone."

Well, there it is....black and white as can be....how can someone argue with that? It's been said in the Word and it has been emphasized. New Testament stuff.....through and through!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home