Saturday, September 25, 2004

Road Rage

So, I am suseptable to such behavior. I am a fairly level headed person. Neither my wife, nor my kids have really seen me "loose it". Why is it that a stranger that is seen for only seconds on a three lane highway, can gain control of my emotions so quickly and violently? Why is it that driving at 70 mph can put someone into a tailspin because I choose to stay four car lengths behind the one in front of me. I was ready to do my Kung Fu thing today. I would have failed miserably though because I was too emotional.

I've quoted in my seminars that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. I've reminded people of Viktor Frankels words, "...no one makes us feel angry....we choose to be angry." So there it is!!! Why did I choose to be angry at that young whipper snapper? Why did I feel I needed to retaliate? I was insulted! Yes! But, so what....I don't even know the person. Why should I even care? Is it my pride or my honor that is at stake? ......most probably, my pride.

Thats it. I'm sure it is. Usually when pride raises its head, it is ugly. And, I can't say I was real proud of my actions on the road today. So much for the spirit-filled and spirit-controlled life. Even if it is my honor at stake, Jesus didn't feel he had to protect his honor on the cross. So, where does that leave me....with my need to protect mine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home